Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why Do I See Many Gadgets Around?

Click image above for details on buying and selling
mobile phones!
They're everywhere and sometimes they drive me crazy. Have you been on footbridges along EDSA at night? You'd see iGadget vendors hanging around at footbridge corners or along the narrow passage--and they attract crowds around them as they show off iPhones and other iGadgets--I don't know where on earth they got them from.

So, they build up human traffic around them so that I find myself among the gadget-desperate folks, young and old, jam-packing the footbridge which I feel sways under our weight and especially as big buses pass underneath. What if it collapses and becomes the headline of tomorrow's papers? "EDSA Footbridge Wrecked by Rabid iPhone Buyers" and my friends see my name in the list. Choy, a rabid iPhone footbridge shopper?

And why do they sell iPhones there? Where did they get the units? And why do these decent-looking people buy from these footbridge vendors? Are the smartphones cheaper than those in malls? I'm sometimes tempted to ask the vendors but once I do that they'd never stop pestering me--I pass by that footbridge each night from work.

iGadget Users in Jeepneys and Buses

Users are everywhere, too. They brandish their phablets, smartphones, iPhones, iPads, iPods, tablets, laptops, etc., so that you shy away with pulling out your 1680. You ignore all the text messages you hear coming and pretend the mobile isn't in your pocket. They tinker with their touchscreens in broad daylight while you hide your antiquated mobile under the cover of darkness or your hand or hanky.

And the ring or SMS alert tone of cheap phones are so distinctive from high-end ones, so once your mobile makes noise, everyone in the jeepney or bus knows it's coming from a cheap gadget, and they somehow immediately suspect that it's from a middle-age guy and they glance at you. So I look back at them, thinking, "What's your problem?"

No comments:

Featured Post

MY SIMPLE SECRETS TO FITNESS: This is How You Keep Up!

I was just like most of you before I began working out. It seemed too hard (and too costly) to do anything to get fit. So I just wished ...

More Posts Below: