Skip to main content

Choy's Cut is Mine: Time to Celebrate!


Wow! Praise God! Choy's Cut is now mine. It's a paid and registered blog site. It's now officially with URL address www.choyscut.com. Not anymore www.choyscut.blogspot.com. It's my first time to own a blog with my name on it.

Owning a website or blog site is like owning real estate property. That's why it's called an online domain with an address. You actually own a "property" on the Net and you "build" a house there, which is your blog, with structures and frameworks which are web templates. So now, I have a virtual residence, a house where I can secure my home. You'll find my home on the menu board. And you're all always welcome to visit.

Advantages of Owning Your Blog

Free blogs are good. I started with them and learned a lot about setting up websites and blogs using them. From scratch, I learned how to use website tools and templates and how to fix them to compose a site that has my imprint on it. Imagine how I did when I was just starting. The Internet was new to me and I always wondered how websites worked.

The first time I tried free sites was when I used webs.com and wordpress.com. I always ended up with funny looking blogs because I didn't understand how they worked and how to use their special tools. Then I discovered blogger.com which had simpler features suitable for newbies like me. I learned a lot, especially when the dynamic templates were introduced on blogspot and customization was easy but gave your blog sophisticated looks.

All from Scratch

I familiarized myself with website designs through the three free hosting sites and soon I could make a complete website with 2 or 3 articles in 30 minutes or so. To think that when I started, I didn't have any background on it. Well, I must thank Eric Holmlund and his Eric's Tips blog for giving me my first lessons on website making and affiliate marketing. It was tough learning by just following written instructions and watching videos.

Most of all, it was all God. I prayed and God led me to do all those accomplishments, learning things pretty much on my own without a mentor physically present beside me for guidance, except the "physical" presence of God, so to say. Thank you Lord for all this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvard Study Says Chicken Skin is Healthy!

You used to take off chicken skin because doctors and nutritionists said it's bad for your heart. So, with broken hearts we did so, stripping the golden brown and juicy skin from our roasted or grilled chicken and couldn't believe we were actually throwing away all that goodness into the trash.

And we wondered why God made chicken skin so delicious just so we could throw it all away.

But a new Harvard study says chicken skin is actually good for your health---to be specific, your heart health. It says most of the fatty part of chicken skin (the most mouthwatering one) is unsaturated and healthy for the heart. And that's according to studies done by the Harvard School of Public Health, no less.

Unsaturated fat can lower your cholesterol and blood pressure, the Harvard school said, according to an article on The Daily Meal site titled "Doctor's Got It All Wrong!" So, if the study is correct (I'm waiting for another "study" to contradict this---al…

Do You Know the Right Way of Eating Fruits 2

Previously on Right Way of Eating Fruits

Another mistake people do when eating fruits is eating them long after peeling their skin. Not many people know this, but all fresh fruits are alkaline, even soir ones. I met one "nutritionist" who thought sour fruits were all purely acidic---just because they were sour.

Take kalamansi for instance. Fresh kalamansi is alkaline. Those who know herbal medicine know this. But make sure you consume it right after slicing it open. If you let it lie open like that for a long time it becomes acidic. Moreover, the Vitamin C in it quickly evaporates. You get nothing but sourness.

So those fruit juices sold in bottles in grocries and malls? You get nothing from them except water, flavor, sugar and synthetic Vitamin C perhaps, which is acidic. If you want to keep fit, an acidic tummy is the last thing you'd want.

Here are my secrets on how I get physically fit. Click here.

If you peel off a banana, make sure you eat the whole thing now. Don&#…

Do You Know the Right Way of Eating Fruits?

Up to now, I see lots of folks who do not know the right way of eating fruits. I hate to see good, fresh fruits all go to waste and worse, actually harm the body.

Sometimes, I even see supposedly health buffs eat fruits the wrong way. And I'm shocked. I'd like to share with them the right way to eat fruits but I dread offending them---they're supposed to be experts.

Fresh fruits are good, to be sure. But if eaten wrongly they can rot in the intestine and actually produce deadly toxins there, ruining your health instead of helping it. Imagine buying costly fresh fruits only to poison your body with it.

Always remember this---eat fresh fruits first. Always. Before you put anything in your tummy, put fresh fruits first. And then eat your veggies. And then your fish and meat. A lot of people treat fruits as dessert---which is dead wrong.

Why?

If you eat fish and meat first (and fruits later), these things take 72 hours (3 days) to digest. So, if fruits wait last in line, they…