Friday, April 17, 2015

Choy's Cut is Mine: Time to Celebrate!


Wow! Praise God! Choy's Cut is now mine. It's a paid and registered blog site. It's now officially with URL address www.choyscut.com. Not anymore www.choyscut.blogspot.com. It's my first time to own a blog with my name on it.

Owning a website or blog site is like owning real estate property. That's why it's called an online domain with an address. You actually own a "property" on the Net and you "build" a house there, which is your blog, with structures and frameworks which are web templates. So now, I have a virtual residence, a house where I can secure my home. You'll find my home on the menu board. And you're all always welcome to visit.

Advantages of Owning Your Blog

Free blogs are good. I started with them and learned a lot about setting up websites and blogs using them. From scratch, I learned how to use website tools and templates and how to fix them to compose a site that has my imprint on it. Imagine how I did when I was just starting. The Internet was new to me and I always wondered how websites worked.

The first time I tried free sites was when I used webs.com and wordpress.com. I always ended up with funny looking blogs because I didn't understand how they worked and how to use their special tools. Then I discovered blogger.com which had simpler features suitable for newbies like me. I learned a lot, especially when the dynamic templates were introduced on blogspot and customization was easy but gave your blog sophisticated looks.

All from Scratch

I familiarized myself with website designs through the three free hosting sites and soon I could make a complete website with 2 or 3 articles in 30 minutes or so. To think that when I started, I didn't have any background on it. Well, I must thank Eric Holmlund and his Eric's Tips blog for giving me my first lessons on website making and affiliate marketing. It was tough learning by just following written instructions and watching videos.

Most of all, it was all God. I prayed and God led me to do all those accomplishments, learning things pretty much on my own without a mentor physically present beside me for guidance, except the "physical" presence of God, so to say. Thank you Lord for all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...