Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Best Snacks In-Between Meals

www.mumsnet.com
Especially in summer, you need to eat in-between meals. Your metabolism works harder in hot days so you often feel hungry before a meal comes.

Well, in a way, you also eat more in cold weather. It's also due to your metabolism.

But it's okay. Nothing to worry about as long as you eat the right snacks. When I feel hungry and grabbing a snack, I choose fruits. And among the best fruits is pineapple.

Pineapple has natural sugar and fibers to renew your energy level and make your stomach feel full. I often just eat 2 to 3 slices and I'd feel strong and refreshed again.

A big apple is also ideal. I prefer big Fuji apple which is usually sweet and more fleshy.

And talk about "fleshy," I also recommend banana. Two big bananas in-between meals (two in the morning and two in the afternoon) are superb. You still got one left for eating before dinner.

Five bananas a day is the limit.

Atis or Sugar Apple is also good for snacks. And oh yes, mangoes. Summer time is mangoes time. In my case, all I have to do is pick indian mangoes from the tree in our backyard, keep them in a warm place (and what place isn't warm in May?), and eat them when they're ripe---like what I'm doing now while writing this article. Hmm! All for free!

What's also important about these fruits is that they're loaded with vitamins and minerals without getting you fat.

So, when I have written many articles already and need to stand up and do some exercise, I eat what fruits are available in the fridge, sometimes half a big apple, a few chunks of pineapple or one banana.

I also keep some prunes in case I run out of fruits.

But why do you need to eat in-between meals? Can you skip snacks? Don't. If you skip snacks and starve yourself till meal time, you may tend to overeat and gain weight unnecessarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...