I read this report from the site 4.dr-rath-foundation.org highlighting "a new concept of the importance of Vitamin C in maintaining the inter-cellular substance of connective tissues." To get a better idea, the article is titled "Vitamins C and P in Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Disease."
In other words, Vitamin C is powerful for preventing (or probably even treating) heart and brain problems where blood vessels are concerned.
It mentioned a few but powerful health benefits:
1. Wonderful for cellular metabolism or the chemical reactions in living organism which are vital to maintain life.
2. Helps heal wounds faster.
3. Helps the adrenal gland function better.
4. Detoxifying certain drugs from the body like sulfanomides and arsenic.
5. Effective against inflammation and infections.
6. Vital key in cellular integrity.
7. Maturation of precollagen to turn it into collagen to strengthen body cells and tissues and help them stick together. However, lack of Vitamin C will not separate cells but may cause their degeneration, the study said.
For only P5.50 I have my daily dose of sodium ascorbate. Sometimes I take 2 or 3 to prevent internal inflammation. With the kind of foods we eat today (which are sometimes permeated with harmful chemicals, steroids and antibiotics), inflammation can easily be triggered in our body organs or systems. And inflammation can be very dangerous.
During times I have no choice but to eat meat or pork, I take 2 to 3 caps of sodium ascorbate for prevention. In normal times, I take one cap a day.
A lot of diseases can be prevented by simply taking Vitamin C supplements every day, aside from eating fruits with Vitamin C. But ask your doctor about it first.
To enjoy more of Choy's Cut articles and make sure you get them regularly, just LIKE US on Facebook by clicking this link.