Saturday, April 12, 2014

Can You Earn Online for FREE?

Is it for real? No scam? Make money online for free?


I didn't believe it myself at first. I was of the impression that nothing in life comes free, especially in business. You have to spend a lot first before you make a lot. You sow what you reap. But then this ad online kept popping up on my PC screen in 2000, insisting that I could make real money online for free. No expense whatsoever.


And it was true. 

Get a free blog and start selling affiliate products. Affiliate products are other people's items you sell online as their affiliate (sales agent) and earn commissions. Sometimes they gave 50% commissions. Imagine that money, and all you had to do was stay home and sell online. And you didn't really have to "sell," as in personally talking to a person and convincing him or her to buy. Your blog and affiliate banner ads and links did the selling for you.


You just had to promote the banners and links on you blog via social sites.

One day soon, I earned my first $100 just promoting other people's ads. That went on. Then people started learning about me online as a content writer and contracted me for writing jobs. I made lots of money from that, too, from clients here and abroad. Take note that I hadn't spent a single cent for all this. I was making money online for FREE!

But you don't live happily ever after just staying the way you are. You improve what you have. You try other ways of making money, especially the simplest way possible. My idea about business growth is finding ways to make everything simple and easy for you and your customers. There are thousands of other businesses online, and if customers get confused with your setup, they'd look for a better one. 

It takes only one quick click for customers to get rid of you. 😂

So after a while, you should start spending for your business. Invest. Money is designed for that--to serve you and your livelihood and make things better and easier. I'd say, you start putting in Php 500 a month for ads. Promote your blog and blog articles on social sites with paid ads. Be creative and place your links strategically on your blog articles, links that sell for you. 

Ads help you reach more people, and I mean the right people--people who need your products and actually buy them. So, start investing Php 500 a month, then 500 week, and later, 500 a day. If you have a big enough captured audience, you can lie low on your spending (having a captured audience is through your email list. For more on email list, see my link below). 

Do you need a paid blog later? If you want to. It's not a must, but it can help a lot. I have several paid blogs I use for other purposes. But I still use my free blogs, like this one. I don't know--I just love free blogs. Anyway, I'm a blog addict. I love creating blogs and writing blog content. I don't believe in paying others to write for you. A lot of e-book "authors" are not writers. Anywhere you look, authors are writers. God, for instance, authored his book, the bible, by writing it himself. He used prophets as his "pen," but the pens were not the authors. They were instruments. 

Of course he used the features of the pens, the colors they came in, but he still wrote it.

Anyway, I'm crazy about writing, probably because writing runs in my family. My dad was a veteran journalist respected by his contemporaries and fellow journalists. My grand dad was dean of Philippine journalism in his time (when Manuel Roxas was president. They were close friends, by the way). 

Start with a free blog and get a paid one later if you want to. 😏



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...