Skip to main content

Hopia Soup: My Kind of Life

iadorefood.com
The life I really want is what I'm not living right now. Now, don't take me wrong. I'm not dissatisfied or complaining. I have a wife and kids I love and we're happy and content in God. But being content doesn't take away dreaming and being ambitious. You have the freedom to pursue them while in contentment, and if per chance they remain elusive, then it doesn't matter. 

The seeming failure won't matter. You have all you need and want, anyway. You're not affected. You just take it calmly and thankfully. You took a shot at it, you didn't hit it. So what? If you did hit it, it wouldn’t be something that sets you apart from the rest. It wouldn’t make you superior. It's just that with it, you'd see better what's on the other side of the fence, and maybe visit there, too.

Again, I'm not saying I don't want the life I now have. I love it. It's God-given. But there's a life I still want to live and which I constantly ask God to grant me. As long as I live, I'm going to ask for it and pursue after it. In fact, I believe the remaining years on earth should be geared towards it. It's a worthy pursuit.

I want total abundance. And one that's unique--like hopia soup. I don't want the abundance the world is familiar with, an abundance measured off merely by how much money you have. And possessions. That's cheap. I wantsomething much more than that. I want money, possessions, plus more. The moneyand possessions are for getting the plusmore. And the plus more has nothing to do with what the world is familiar with. It's the life I really want.

Well, I may or may not be able to hit my target. At least if not in my lifetime then perhaps in my kids' lifetimes, or my next generations. I'd try to have the money and possessions (though they’re not what I’m excited about), because they bridge the gap between my present and the life I really want. If for some reason I don't get even the money and possessions, then so be it. It's no big deal. Trying to have what you never possessed is never a loss. At least I had a vision of the life I really want and tried to cross obstacles to reach it.

At least, I saw how God had in mind to assign me a unique goal. I saw how amazing the mountain he had prepared for me to climb is. I remember getting my son a good bike when he was small. I didn't care if he could ride it or not. What mattered was that he liked what he saw. In my son's case, he learned to ride his bike fast. I seem slow climbing up the mountain God has for me.

At times I reason that if the money and possessions are given me, my climb would be faster, just like how almost everybody else climbs theirs. Often I wonder why I'm made to climb with bare hands and feet while everyone else gets complete gears. Some are even gently carried by their connections during their ascent. Then a small voice told me how it's not how high the mountain or how fast I climb but my attitude in climbing that matters.

That comforted me, and very few get the insight. Still, that revelation does not guarantee that I will get the life I really want. But it assures that I see my mountain top well ahead before others do theirs. You get the reward but nobody would know you did, except you and God. To the rest, you appear to have failed.

Your hopia soup is intended for your taste buds alone. To others, it tastes awful and is thrown straight into the trash bin. To you, it's a 5-star menu. You see, your mountain is something different—unique to say the least. It's shaped to fit your exclusive perception.

The life I really want--it's happening now, but not yet. It's here, and yet it still isn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvard Study Says Chicken Skin is Healthy!

You used to take off chicken skin because doctors and nutritionists said it's bad for your heart. So, with broken hearts we did so, stripping the golden brown and juicy skin from our roasted or grilled chicken and couldn't believe we were actually throwing away all that goodness into the trash.

And we wondered why God made chicken skin so delicious just so we could throw it all away.

But a new Harvard study says chicken skin is actually good for your health---to be specific, your heart health. It says most of the fatty part of chicken skin (the most mouthwatering one) is unsaturated and healthy for the heart. And that's according to studies done by the Harvard School of Public Health, no less.

Unsaturated fat can lower your cholesterol and blood pressure, the Harvard school said, according to an article on The Daily Meal site titled "Doctor's Got It All Wrong!" So, if the study is correct (I'm waiting for another "study" to contradict this---al…

Both Laziness and Busyness Make You Fat?

Well, it's a combination of laziness, busyness and technology. In your laziness you relegate all chores to technology in the guise of busyness. Instead of manually washing your clothes, for instance, you buy a washing machine because you say you are too busy to do it yourself.

When I was in high school and college, not only did I do manual laundry, I also used an old-fashioned water pump for it. Since we had the water pump in the backyard, my dad said using it instead of turning on the faucet would save us lots of money on our water bill. So I did that for years. No wonder I didn't get fat even if I ate a lot.



Metabolism? Well, it helped some, but I also got easily overweight when I ate too much. There was a time when I gained weight so that my face doubled in size (no, I think it tripled). It was the time when I did nothing but man our small retail store where I ate most of the food items being sold.

Here's another example. You use the elevator or escalator even if you&#…

Do You Know the Right Way of Eating Fruits 2

Previously on Right Way of Eating Fruits

Another mistake people do when eating fruits is eating them long after peeling their skin. Not many people know this, but all fresh fruits are alkaline, even soir ones. I met one "nutritionist" who thought sour fruits were all purely acidic---just because they were sour.

Take kalamansi for instance. Fresh kalamansi is alkaline. Those who know herbal medicine know this. But make sure you consume it right after slicing it open. If you let it lie open like that for a long time it becomes acidic. Moreover, the Vitamin C in it quickly evaporates. You get nothing but sourness.

So those fruit juices sold in bottles in grocries and malls? You get nothing from them except water, flavor, sugar and synthetic Vitamin C perhaps, which is acidic. If you want to keep fit, an acidic tummy is the last thing you'd want.

Here are my secrets on how I get physically fit. Click here.

If you peel off a banana, make sure you eat the whole thing now. Don&#…