Monday, May 25, 2015

PROJECT 8 BLOG: About an Ordinary But Must-See Place You Won't Forget


PLACES. Project 8 in Quezon City has become a favorite shortcut route among lots of motorists. If you're heading toward the North (like NLEX) from the South and you want to bypass heavy traffic in Balintawak, Camachili, and the toll gate there, you may try passing through Project 8.

Before I continue, congratulate me for reaching this 100th blog article for Choy's Cut! I know this calls for a celebration, so I give you this special FREE article on Project 8.

Now, back to the article. As I was saying..

Oh yeah. Or, if you're coming from Manila or the South and you want to be connected to Quirino Highway or Novaliches fast, you can try going through Project 8 via Congressional or Mindanao Avenues. You can do this either through the back of SM North or the intersection of Congressional Avenue and EDSA.

So, no wonder even public buses going to Novaliches through C5 pass through Project for a quicker route and lesser traffic.

So, I decided to create a blog on Project 8, the place where I spent most of my childhood and teenage life (and where I now live) after transferring from La Loma where I also spent some years of my early life. Since a lot of people from various localities pass by this area daily, probably they ought to know something a bit special about the place. It's nothing luxurious or exclusive, but Project 8 is definitely something to experience.

I've always kept the place dear to my heart because I have a lot of fond memories here--the adventures of childhood, boy scouting, teenage years, college life, my parents, being a young professional, a married guy raising a family, and more. Most of my contemporaries here have gone to live somewhere else and I'm among the few original settlers left--and it happens that I'm a blogger--so I thought I should create a blog on it for residents, passers-by, and Project 8 future generations.

And growing up in this area, I've always imagined some mysteries surrounding it, probably from the tales I heard from old folks here when I was a kid. There's always a kid in me and it often shows up on my blogs. Particularly, I find the river snaking through the area most mysterious because it has been there since the place used to be a hilly wilderness frequented by Katipuneros in the 1800s.

So, I also decided to place some mystery stories on the blog on a special page. To add to the mystery fun, try to locate it if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...