Tuesday, June 23, 2015

WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE FOR RICE? Or, Do I Really Need To?

blogs.discovermagazine.com
A lot of overweight people look for rice substitute. So they eat bread instead. I can't help but smile when I see this. It's better to eat rice than bread. At least rice isn't processed and have some fibers in it. But if you're looking for an effective rice substitute, you don't need to look far and wide. Just visit your local wet market or talipapa.

The best substitutes are corn and sweet potatoes, especially if you want health with middle income budget. I prefer sweet potatoes because corn sometimes give me troubles. Sweet potatoes are perfect for me. I love them boiled or mixed in food. And I particularly love them in the morning as a substitute for rice and bread. For a big-enough size you get it for only P12 or P15. Simply boil it and eat it, you get enough carbs, fibers, plus vitamins and minerals. If you get the violet, red, or orange ones, you get a bonus antioxidant.

You can eat that with a boiled egg and a glass of soya curd or taho if you need some protein. So, P15 plus P6 (egg) plus P20 (taho) and that's just P41.00 for a really healthy breakfast. I often boil the egg with the sweet potato to save on LPG and water, too.

If you don't have P41.00 (it happens with lower middle income people), then you can boil an egg and eat it with leftover rice. You don't need to substitute rice everyday. Sometimes, you have no choice but to eat rice when you're middle income. Just make sure you don't eat too much and you burn it afterward by keeping active (not too active, though). Do brisk walk breaks now and then or climb up stairs. I often do pushup or pull-up breaks, sometimes with matching squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...