Friday, September 18, 2015

Are You Suffering from WAIT LOSS?

daughtersofgod.net
Procrastination costs a lot! In fact, it makes you lose a lot of opportunities and gain a lot of unwanted things--like extra body weight. Indeed, a lot of people suffer from WAIT LOSS. They wait a lot and suffer loss. Look at the following:

Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest. [Ecclesiastes 11.4]
It's good to wait--"They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength"--but too much waiting can destroy opportunities. If I had waited till I was old enough to get a job, I wouldn't have landed on a job while in college. I couldn't have helped my parents with household expenses and couldn't have helped them with the expenses of my sister's education. 

If I had waited till I felt perfectly OK in health before I started working out again, I probably would be tied to a sick bed by now, suffering more ailments. I had terrible anxiety attacks about 5 years ago after suffering severe muscle trauma that made me stop working out and gaining weight. Even if I did just 2 or 3 push-ups I felt so dizzy and had difficulty breathing.

That went on for almost a year, until finally I decided I couldn't go on like that--idle, kept in my room and afraid of exerting myself physically. I thought, probably when I felt OK already, I'd start all over again. All that waiting made me lose a lot of opportunities and time. Time is gold.

So gradually, I dismissed the anxiety and went back to working out. It was difficult, but I realized I had to start something and keep on. Gradually, I was able to brisk walk, run, and then workout completely. It took months to fully recover.

If you wait till everything's perfect, you will suffer WAIT LOSS. If you've studied and prayed for it thoroughly--and you're the right age--and you're sure she's the girl of your dreams, then go for it. Start courting her. Further waiting can result to disastrous losses. But then, you have to make sure you're the right age and you have God's approval. If not, you wait.

But don't stop at one thing just because you need to wait. Life must go on. Whatever you do, make sure you're not suffering from WAIT LOSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...