1. Avocado - how much does an avocado cost in Manila today? About P40 a kilo. Well, that's cheaper than if you're addicted to smoking and drinking. Avocado is rich in Vitamin E and B complex--the first is anti-aging and the second for nerve health. Both promote skin health. Potassium in avocado moisturizes and hydrates the skin.
2. Watermelon - rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. It prevents skin wrinkles and discoloration that comes with aging.
3. Papaya - you see papaya everywhere. And it's just about P30 to P40 a big piece. Papaya is rich in Vitamins A, C and E--all anti-aging and anti skin wrinkling. It is also said to promote natural skin tone.
4. Apple - it's everywhere, too, and in various types. I love Fuji apples. Apples with bright red colors though are better peeled than eaten with their skin. Some of these apples have their peels applied with wax to make them shinier and last longer. Apples are rich in Vitamin C and promotes enzymatic action that helps your skin retain healthy water levels.
5. Banana - my all-time favorite! Skin elasticity is what you get from it due to its high Vitamin B-6 and C contents. Its manganese and antioxidants fight premature aging.
6. Tomato - rich in lycopene when cooked, and we all know lycopene is good for the heart. When your heart is healthy, you naturally enjoy feeling and looking younger. And the rich Vitamin C (when eaten raw) makes your skin glow. Tomatoes are sold affordably everywhere.
7. Grapes - probably not so cheap but there are times when they are--like when it's Christmas time in the city (ring-a-ling). Grapes are rich in manganese and Vitamin C which protect your skin from ultra-violet rays. Grapes also fight free radicals effectively. Free radicals are among top promoters of aging.
Some may ask me, "If you know so much about anti-aging, how come you have white hair?" You'd be surprised how many barbers have already wondered why my white hair glows and shines beautifully unlike other hair. And despite the white hair, many say my face look young. If you don't believe, let's meet somewhere and have a glass of my favorite carrot juice.
You can help support this blog keep publishing cheap health and fitness with middle income budget through Contributor. Find out about it on the right top sidebar and see what you'll get in return.