Sunday, July 10, 2016

Your Soul Bridges the Gap Between Spirit and Body for Health


visionariesinstitute.org
"The body without the spirit is dead," says James 2.26.

For good health then, the body needs to be linked to the spirit. And there is no possible way this can be done except through the soul.

Often, spirit and flesh (or body) are in conflict. What the spirit wants the body counters, especially if your spirit harbors the right principles and the body just wants convenience. But if your spirit holds to wrong principles, the body finds an ally in it and together they carry your soul to perdition---especially to bad health.

The soul then is merely tagged along by whichever is stronger---the spirit or the flesh. If the body or flesh is stronger your soul aligns with it and together they easily defeat the spirit. Even if you have the best health intentions, you never achieve them.

To maintain discipline in your health and fitness regimen, you need to have a strong and decisive spirit that subdues your soul---your mind, emotions and will. If this happens, it will be an easy task to make your body submissive to them.

For instance, I have decided long ago not to get drunk with wine, drink sodas and powdered juice beverages, no matter how delicious they are. I just drink sodas and powdered drinks when there's really nothing else to drink and I need one. My spirit had determined to drink healthy liquids alone.

I was able to do so for decades because my soul agreed with my spirit. My mind, emotions and will aligned with my spirit. So my body had no recourse but to obey.

Remember to keep sound and healthy principles in your spirit (thoroughly believe them as your "health faith" or creed) and train your soul to submit to your spirit. I always read health and fitness books and articles and imbibe them in my inner self or consciousness. Later, I find my body obeying.

You have to be careful because the flesh can easily grab power and twist things around so that your soul is easily recruited to its cause. Then your spirit gets defeated.

Punish your flesh to make it submit to your spirit and soul.

No, (like an athlete) I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. [1 Corinthians 9.27]
Here is a summary in video that may help to understand your mind and body. It talks about mind strength to discipline the body, but remember that the mind should agree with the spirit:


To enjoy more of Choy's Cut articles and make sure you get them regularly, just LIKE US on Facebook by clicking this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting the best part from the best of everyday life. With an eye for detail and a habit for scrutiny, it is easy to spot what really counts in life even a mile away. You get the choice cut from Choy's Cut! Visit my blog often for the best and latest in life.

11 Sites for Virtual Appointment Setter Jobs

What do you need to be a work-from-home (WFH) virtual appointment setter (VAS)? Nothing but imagination, guts and a doer spirit. High school...